The CESP™ Certification is valid for a 3-year period, during which time the CESP™ certificant must demonstrate a commitment to professional development through participation in continuing education credits.
- 36 Continuing Education (CE) credits per 3-year term are required for recertification.
- CESP™ certificant must provide documentation for each CE activity and submit with recertification application.
- Recertification Fee of $125.00 paid per 3-year term
Recertification is mandatory for all CESP™ certificants. If certification is not renewed it will expire on the last day of the month 3 years after the certification was last earned.
Requirements for Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- 36 CE Credits are required to maintain the CESP™ certification
- 1 CE credit is equivalent to 1 hour of clock time (except as noted on the Requirements for Continuing Education Form)
- Documentation which verifies the reported number of CE credits must be submitted with the recertification application, located online
- All documentation is subject to audit by ESPCC
- Repeated CE activities/content will not be counted for credit within the same 3-year recertification cycle. All CE activities must be directly related to ESP content.
- Acceptable activities include the knowledge and skills defined by the content outline published by ESPCC including content related to ethics and values. Please note: Training or other recertification items should fall into one of these categories. A detailed content outline is available for download below:
- Application of Core Values and Principles to Practice & Legislation and Funding
- Individualized Assessment and Employment / Career Planning
- Community Research and Job Development
- Workplace and Related Supports
- Ongoing Support
*Note: Additional documentation may be requested to determine compliance with the documentation requirements outlined in the Requirements for Continuing Education (CE) credits. Applicants for recertification that do not provide additional documentation within the timeline requested will be denied recertification through the online recertification application and refunded minus a 25% application processing fee. The same refund policy is held for recertification applications that are withdrawn.
- Download the Requirements for Continuing Education (CE) Credits Form
- Download the Detailed Content Outline for Recertification
- Download the CESP™ Certification Handbook
- Begin Your Recertification Online Submission
Attention Current CESP™ Professionals! Interested in learning more about how easy it is to recertify? Watch the
free CESP™ Re-Certification Informational Webinar. This webinar will cover renewal criteria and timelines, renewal application process and the benefits of renewal.
The CESP™ Certification is valid for a 3-year period, during which time the CESP™ certificant must demonstrate a commitment to professional development through participation in continuing education credits. Certificants become eligible to complete their recertification application up to nine months prior to its date of expiration. The CESP™ recertification application is located online.
Please note our mailing address:
414 Hungerford Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Please email us or call 301-279-0060.