VCU-RRTC Online Certificate Series
Established in 1983, the Virginia Commonwealth University RRTC provides resources for professionals, individuals with disabilities, and their representatives. VCU-RRTC is offering APSE members a $25 discount on the regular registration fee for the Supported Employment Online Certificate Series.
After taking the Supported Employment Web-Based Certificate Series, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the federal policy and historical overview of supported employment.
- Define the components of a customer profile to include situational assessments, vocational evaluations, and functional resumes.
- Illustrate an understanding of job development for career paths by developing a job search plan for a potential supported employment customer.
- Match a customer’s strengths with the prospective employer’s business needs.
- Discuss the various job-site training strategies (e.g., natural cues, workplace supports, compensatory strategies, instructional strategies, assistive technology) and their applications.
- Define the features of a high quality long-term support plan.
- Describe the various alternative funding sources for supported employment.
Questions: Please email Dr. Katherine Inge at Kinge@vcu.edu
DirectCourse Online Curriculum
The College of Employment Services (CES) is a new DirectCourse online curriculum, which provides employment professionals training based on APSE Competencies and gives them skills to assist individuals with disabilities find rewarding employment. CES was developed by the Institute for Community Inclusion (ICI) at the University of Massachusetts Boston and delivered in collaboration with the University of Minnesota’s Research and Training Center on Community Living and Elsevier. DirectCourse is offering APSE members up to 25% off the College of Employment Services Curriculum
- Learn more at directcourseonline.com/employmentservices.
- Conveniently purchase CES Courses online via http://cds.mcstrategies.com
- APSE Members are required to enter offercode – APSEMember at checkout to receive the 25% discount.
- Questions: Please call 1-888-526-8756 or email email@example.com
TRN, Inc. Web Courses
TRN, Inc., is a small, independent training company started by disability consultant, Dale DiLeo, and marketing and public relations specialist, Dawn Langton. The company specializes in producing and providing materials that support the full inclusion of people with disabilities in community life. TRN, Inc. is offering a special $25 discount on their popular web courses for APSE members.