APSE is proud to partner with The Association of University Centers on Disabilities (AUCD), the National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities (NACDD), and the National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) to offer a series of FREE Employment First webinars.
Funding and Support for Competitive Integrated Employment
Tuesday, June 14: 2:00 – 3:30 pm EST
Webinar Series Description
This free five session series on Employment First will focus on key aspects of implementing Employment First in states, in localities, and with service providers. It is intended to assist people with disabilities, family members, providers, and policy makers as systems move to support competitive integrated employment opportunities for all individuals with disabilities. These 75 minute webinars will include a mix of people with disabilities, providers, policy makers, business representatives, and researchers sharing best practices and strategies about how to build and sustain an employment system for people with disabilities that ensures they can work in competitive integrated employment.
Funding and Support for Competitive Integrated Employment – Webinar Description
This webinar will focus on funding streams to support employment first efforts and creating an infrastructure to provide competitive integrated employment opportunities for people with disabilities. The session will focus on how Medicaid funding, state developmental disability services, and foundation and charitable funding can create and sustain competitive integrated employment opportunities. You will hear directly from state developmental disability department personnel, providers, and foundation leaders who have and are continuing to work to create the opportunities for competitive integrated employment for people with disabilities.
- Rie Kennedy-Lizotte, Director of the State Employment Leadership Network for the National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disability Services (NASDDDS)
- Margaret Van Gelder, Statewide Director of Employment and Family Supports at the Central Office of the Massachusetts Department of Developmental Services
- Tammie Amsbaugh, Program Consultant, University of Iowa
- Jennifer Joyce, Director, Supports Program and Employment Services at the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities
- There is NO cost for this webinar.
- CEUs are not offered for this webinar.
- For disability accommodations email Anna Costalas or call 301-588-8252 a minimum of five days in advance.
- This webinar will be archived.
Listen to the first two webinars in the series:
March 2016 Webinar. Success Stories: What is Possible in the World of Employment First? This second of five webinars provided participants with three examples of Employment First practices from around the country. These rural, urban, and suburban examples will highlight programs that have helped people with a wide range of disabilities, from intellectual to mental health disabilities, from complex physical to sensory disabilities, to move from no work or limited work to competitive integrated employment. Participants heard directly from service providers, researchers, policy makers, and people with disabilities. Click here to listen to the webinar.
December 2015 Webinar. This session covered the history and context of the Employment First initiative and how it fits into the goals of people with disabilities and their families. Click here to listen to the webinar.
- Learn about certification, accreditation and their benefits
- Review the development of the CESP™ certification exam
- Review exam eligibility requirements
- Learn how to prepare for the exam
- Find out what to do before, during and after the exam
Looking for past webinars? Visit our Archived Webinars page for a list of webinars available for purchase.
Interested in listening to free APSE webinars? Click here.