APSE believes in Employment First
Real jobs for real pay for all people with disabilities.
Advocacy & Professional Development Updates
- Access to live training and recorded webinars that delve deeply into the issues that impact our community right now
- Emerging Leaders Training for mid-level managers and Front-line staff
- Relevant COVID-19 resources, links, and information
- APSE Universal Employment Competencies and CESP™ Practice Test available here
Timely updates on important federal policy and guidance on advocacy, including APSE Policy Alerts. Find resources:
Professionals certified as Certified Employment Support Professional™ (CESP) have demonstrated a sufficient level of knowledge and skill to provide integrated employment services to a variety of populations.
Meet the APSE National Board of Directors and their newest members. Tricia Jones joins from the state of Utah. Tricia shares her background in finding the direct support professional (DSP) role and how it led to her work at the University of Utah and her passion for advocacy. Erica and Tricia talk about the way professionals find the field of employment and the importance of the voices from lived experiences. Tricia is the incoming delegate for the Rocky Mountain region, serving chapters in Utah, Colorado, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana. Tricia will be serving on the Professional Development and Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committees with APSE.Read More
The Certified Employment Support Professional™ (CESP) highlights and supports those who have earned and maintained the credential!
The following lists CESPs who successfully recertified their credential from April – June 2021, plus new CESPs in May – June 2021. View the full CESP Directory online.Read More
APSE in Your Community
APSE — the Association of People Supporting Employment First
- 3,000+ members and growing national non-profit membership organization
- Chapters in 39 states and the District of Columbia, with members from all 50 states and Puerto Rico, and several foreign countries
- Members include individuals with disabilities, families, disability professionals, and businesses
APSE Established 1988
The only national organization to focus exclusively on inclusive employment and career advancement opportunities for individuals with disabilities.