The Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE) is the only national organization focused exclusively on Employment First to facilitate the full inclusion of people with disabilities in the workplace and community.
APSE members recognize that everyone has abilities to contribute and their work should be recognized and rewarded with fair pay, creating inclusive workplaces. Employment enriches and adds meaning to every life, and workplaces and communities are enhanced when they embrace differences.
Want to receive APSE News & Updates?
All people with disabilities have competitive employment in an inclusive workforce.
To advance employment equity for people with disabilities.
We believe that everyone can and should work, and have the dignity of determining their career path.
What is Employment First?
Employment First means that employment in the general workforce should be the first and preferred option for individuals with disabilities receiving assistance from publicly-funded systems.
Simply put, Employment First means real jobs for real wages.
APSE is committeed to
- Providing success stories to increase expectations, shatter stereotypes, and create a better understanding about the employment potential of people with disabilities
- Sharing that supported employment is a well-researched and proven, evidence-based business practice
- Educating policymakers, by facilitating member outreach and conducting our own, on the need for equal opportunities and fair treatment in the workplace
- Promoting the role of employment in the transitional youth directly into post-secondary education or competitive employment options
- Speaking as a unified voice representing human service professionals, people with disabilities, educators, employers, family members and other stakeholders