Real Jobs for Real Pay for All People with Disabilities
APSE is the only national, non-profit membership organization dedicated to Employment First, a vision that all people with disabilities have a right to competitive employment in an inclusive workforce. People with disabilities should not work sequestered in sheltered workshops, earning only pennies an hour. We want people with disabilities to enjoy the company of a wide range of coworkers, an opportunity for greater financial independence, and the ability to contribute to the economy. We provide our members with the tools, opportunities, and timely information needed to take action and build better workplaces through work with policymakers and employers. APSE is the national voice on workplace inclusion.
APSE IS COMMITTED TO
- Providing success stories to increase expectations, shatter stereotypes, and create a better understanding about the employment potential of people with disabilities
- Sharing that supported employment is a well-researched and proven, evidence-based business practice
- Educating policymakers, by facilitating member outreach and conducting our own, on the need for equal opportunities and fair treatment in the workplace
- Promoting the role of employment in the transitional youth directly into post-secondary education or competitive employment options
- Speaking as a unified voice representing human service professionals, people with disabilities, educators, employers, family members and other stakeholders
Mission & Vision
APSE’s path to advance Employment First and build the world we want to see.
Meet our national team staff, board of directors, and committee members.
View the details of APSE’s finances on Guidestar. Guidestar gathers, organizes, and distributes information about U.S nonprofits.
For 30 years APSE has worked to make workplaces inclusive and fair for everyone.
Learn more about our work and the benefits of membership.
APSE is pleased to highlight our strategic partnerships with companies and organizations that support Employment First.