ACRE, APSE, and CESP: Competency and State Guidelines
Presenters from both APSE and the Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators (http://www.acreducators.org/) led a 90-minute presentation and discussion about ACRE, APSE, and CESP on March 11, 2021.
Watch the recorded presentation in Zoom here: https://zoom.us/rec/share/Y9OKsVTOPt-DpLGBXwOQgabmU-2f7a8trOp7sfQNaXMbPuwyzVDH3TH_TTjmGN2D.3dyPD-M5fVcC12sD
Topics covered include:
- What are ACRE training and the CESP credential?
- What state requirements are there for employment support professionals?
- How can states implement competency-based requirements being thoughtful about potential impact? We’ll cover the tool “State Guidelines for Employment Services Personnel Training Certificates or Certification” – download it here https://apse.org/apse-and-acre-state-guidelines/
- How can these tools be used to develop employment support professionals into a career and enhance the skills?
- How can states better competency-based address issues, like scope, capacity, financial resources, timelines for implementation, and more
This is a helpful discussion for state agencies (Vocational Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Education, etc) for consideration of what competencies and requirements there are available for employment support professionals.
Find other upcoming events from APSE here: www.apse.org/online-learning