Tell Congress #WhatWeNeed in Package 4!
Tell Congress to address the critical needs of people with disabilities in the next COVID-19 relief package!
It has been 2 months since the House of Representatives recently passed the HEROES Act (HR 6800), which includes several important provisions that we need to remain in the final package. We now need the Senate to take action and to understand that #WeAreEssential.
Tell your Senators that we need the following to be included in Package 4:
- Increased funding for states for home and community-based services (HCBS), including employment services
- Vocational rehabilitation (VR) service supports for states
- Funding for businesses and nonprofits through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
Advocacy in Action: Steps for State Advocacy
Tell them that #ESPsAreDSPs and #DSPsAreEssential!
*What to say:
Share your stories about the impact of COVID-19 in your local community.
In particular, we want to tell:
- Stories of people with disabilities who are working in essential jobs during the crisis, and the ways employment supports help to keep them safe and successful during the crisis.
- Stories of people with disabilities who have been unable to keep jobs during the pandemic, and why.
- Stories of how the disability provider system has adapted in real time to ensure continued delivery of services (and the challenges faced).