Want to receive APSE updates?
APSE’s Legislative Action Center keeps you up to date on proposed policy changes that could impact Employment First – and provides tools and tips to make your advocacy easy and effective.
Tell Congress #WhatWeNeed in Package 4!
Congress must address the critical needs of people with disabilities in the next COVID-19 relief package!
Contact your Members of Congress TODAY and ask them to ensure that COVID-19 relief includes addressing the critical health and economic needs of older adults, people with disabilities and those with underlying health conditions, front-line workers and family caregivers.
Call: (202) 224-3121
A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the
Congressional office you request.
Email. You can reach your members directly HERE
What to say:
It is critical to ensure that COVID-19 relief includes addressing the critical health and economic needs of older adults, people with disabilities and those with underlying health conditions, front-line workers and family caregivers. We need the following to be included in the next COVID relief package:
- Additional FMAP bump to assist states in meeting the needs of Medicaid eligible citizens
- Dedicated Medicaid funding for HCBS services, including employment services
Ways to engage:
- Call your state legislators and/or members of Congress (U.S. Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121 or Google the phone number for your local office)
- Provide your name and city/state where you live
- Share your personal stories*
- Additional talking points on the policy priorities of APSE are available on our website.
- Send a Tweet or a Facebook Message to your members.
*What to say:
Share your stories about the impact of COVID-19 in your local community.
In particular, we want to tell:
- Stories of people with disabilities who are working in essential jobs during the crisis, and the ways employment supports help to keep them safe and successful during the crisis.
- Stories of people with disabilities who have been unable to keep jobs during the pandemic, and why.
- Stories of how the disability provider system has adapted in real-time to ensure continued delivery of services (and the challenges faced).
Topic: Connecting with Congress in a Virtual Environment If you’re looking for the transcript, please use the Zoom version. Meeting Recording:https://zoom.us/rec/share/_ebOBEiU8-XnFv7eKgWTVvMJ0ac260ShX_IwkwtjZzZLeDtB0YJLHD5-pRib89Fr.Uh1wkHLb_CNlyAY6 Otherwise listen in on…Read More
MN APSE’s video podcast will feature stories from people involved in the disability employment community in the state. This episode was released in November 2020,…Read More