Tell Congress #WhatWeNeed in Package 4!
Congress must address the critical needs of people with disabilities in the next COVID-19 relief package!
Contact your Members of Congress TODAY and ask them to ensure that COVID-19 relief includes addressing the critical health and economic needs of older adults, people with disabilities and those with underlying health conditions, front-line workers and family caregivers.
Call: (202) 224-3121
A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the
Congressional office you request.
Email. You can reach your members directly HERE
What to say:
It is critical to ensure that COVID-19 relief includes addressing the critical health and economic needs of older adults, people with disabilities and those with underlying health conditions, front-line workers and family caregivers. We need the following to be included in the next COVID relief package:
- Additional FMAP bump to assist states in meeting the needs of Medicaid eligible citizens
- Dedicated Medicaid funding for HCBS services, including employment services
Ways to engage:
- Call your state legislators and/or members of Congress (U.S. Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121 or Google the phone number for your local office)
- Provide your name and city/state where you live
- Share your personal stories*
- Additional talking points on the policy priorities of APSE are available on our website.
- Send a Tweet or a Facebook Message to your members.
*What to say:
Share your stories about the impact of COVID-19 in your local community.
In particular, we want to tell:
- Stories of people with disabilities who are working in essential jobs during the crisis, and the ways employment supports help to keep them safe and successful during the crisis.
- Stories of people with disabilities who have been unable to keep jobs during the pandemic, and why.
- Stories of how the disability provider system has adapted in real-time to ensure continued delivery of services (and the challenges faced).