CESP™ Certification Is Far More Than Certificate of Completion
Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP™) certification is the first national credential to set and evaluate the skills and competence needed to work as an employment professional. Since 2011, the CESP™ certification has set the standard for employment professional serving individuals with disabilities in finding and maintaining employment.
Created by subject matter experts and leaders in the field of disability employment, the CESP™ exam seeks to define the benchmarks for knowledge and competency in the field in the following areas:
- Application of Core Values and Principles to Practice and Legislation and Funding
- Individualized Assessment and Employment/Career Planning
- Community Research and Job Development
- Workplace and Related Supports
- Ongoing Supports
Job coaches, job developers, transition employment specialists, job placement personnel, and employment specialists/consultants can earn the designation of Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP™) by passing the national CESP™ examination.
There are currently more than 3,256 Certified Employment Support Professionals (CESPs™) throughout the country – and more joining the ranks every year!
The CESP™ credential embodies going above and beyond expectations. As a result, the job seekers, the business community, and government partners recognize it as a symbol of quality and pride.
— Tashara Tolbert, Employment Consultant, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
We’ve Got Great Resources on CESP™ Certification
- Learn about certification, accreditation and their benefits
- Review the development of the CESP™ certification exam
- Review exam eligibility requirements
- Learn how to prepare for the exam
- Find out what to do before, during and after the exam
For more information please contact
APSE National Office: 301-279-0060 or send us an email.
Follow CESP™ on Twitter and Facebook for information and updates.