Please note that the CESP™ recertification application will be moving to a new platform on 2/25/19.
Completed recertification applications are still accepted at this time on the current system, through 2/22/19. Current applications will be transferred to the new system. Any uploads or changes made without submitting will not be reflected in the new site.
Thanks for your patience as we switch to the new system!
The CESP™ Certification is valid for a three-year period. All certificants must recertify every 3 years. The recertification process provides certificants with the opportunity to demonstrate the reinforcement, retention, and maintenance of their knowledge and skills and the retention of their knowledge of current practice.
ESPCC requires periodic recertification to promote professional development for employment services professionals and to ensure that individuals who hold the credential maintain an ongoing commitment to learning in their area(s) of practice.
Certificants are able to recertify by one of two methods:
- CESP™ certificant must provide documentation for 36 hours of Continuing Education (CE) credit
and submit with recertification application, or
- Sit for the examination.
More information about both recertification methods is available in the Candidate Handbook.
Certificants become eligible to complete their recertification application up to nine months prior to its date of expiration.
Recertification is mandatory for all CESP™ certificants. If certification is not renewed it will expire on the last day of the month three years after the certification was last earned.
Requirements for Continuing Education (CE) Credit
- 36 CE Credits are required to maintain the CESP™ certification.
- One CE credit is equivalent to one hour of clock time (except as noted on the Requirements for Continuing Education Form).
- Documentation that verifies the reported number of CE credits must be submitted with the recertification application, located online.
- All documentation is subject to audit by ESPCC.
- Repeated CE activities/content will not be counted for credit within the same three-year recertification cycle. All CE activities must be directly related to ESP content.
- Acceptable activities include the knowledge and skills defined by the content outline published by ESPCC including content related to ethics and values.
Please note: Training or other recertification items should fall into one of these categories. A detailed content outline is available for download below:
- Application of Core Values and Principles to Practice & Legislation and Funding
- Individualized Assessment and Employment / Career Planning
- Community Research and Job Development
- Workplace and Related Supports
- Ongoing Support
Please note: Additional documentation may be requested to determine compliance with the documentation requirements outlined in the Requirements for Continuing Education (CE) credits. Applicants for recertification that do not provide additional documentation within the timeline requested will be denied recertification through the online recertification application and refunded minus a 25% application processing fee. The same refund policy is held for recertification applications that are withdrawn.
- Download the Requirements for Continuing Education (CE) Credits Form
- Download the Detailed Content Outline for Recertification
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-279-0060.
Follow CESP™ on Twitter and Facebook for information and updates.