Virtual Roundtables to be held in October 2021 focused on state competency initiatives.
SAVE THE DATES
Would you mind attending 1, 2, or all 4? We hope you can attend at least one, but as different individuals from different states will attend each conversation you may benefit from joining more than 1 session. Hosted virtually on Zoom.
Tuesday, October 5th: 12-1:30 EST
Thursday, October 7th: 12-1:30 EST
Tuesday, October 12th: 12-1:30 EST
Tuesday, October 26th: 12-1:30 EST
We'll have closed captioning available through Zoom. Any accommodations to better participate? Email us at email@example.com, please!
Well-trained and skilled employment support professionals are key to moving the needle forward for disability employment outcomes. Some states are using the CESP credential as a tool to set benchmark requirements or provide incentives to staff who earn it.
Join in October for up to 4 sessions with other state agencies about how to use certification to promote professionalism and elevate workforce development.
Find some initial resources online here.
- Article: My state is considering a competency requirement.
- Download: 1-page resource about CESP and the benefits to state funders of employment services or policymakers
The purpose and intent of these October groups will be to bring together state agencies and funders. You each bring your experience and knowledge to this conversation, and it is needed!
We'll ask you to share out and also document your answers around:
- What are states doing for credential or competency requirements?
- Why would state agencies want to have competency requirements for employment support professionals?
- If you require credentials, what was the process like to add that requirement. What went well? What can be learned by other states?
- If you don't have requirements, what does your state need to support employment support professionals?
Who should be included?
Vocational Rehabilitation, Intellectual Disability/Autism Services, Mental Health/Substance Use Services, University Centers on Disabilities, Legislatures, Governor’s Disability Council/Disability Advocate, Managed Care Organizations (MCOs)
Please note that this is not intended for providers or individual employment support professionals looking to learn about the credential. CESP hosts monthly Q&A sessions for this purpose!