Established in October of 1992
State of Colorado Office of Community Living
Chapter Training & Events
Policy & Advocacy
Public Policy Liaison
Kim Cortes firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your Governor
Contact your state governor.
Colorado State Legislature
Find the names and current activities of your state legislators.
Find Your Senators
Contact your state’s senators in the U.S. Senate.
Find Your U.S. Representatives
Contact your representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Colorado Office of Employment First Established: In 2019, the Colorado legislature approved an initial budget appropriation to establish the Colorado Office of Employment First (COEF). In early 2020, COEF launched its efforts in leading Colorado toward equitable employment for all people with disabilities through collaboration, systems innovation, and training excellence.
- Colorado Elimination of Subminimum Wage Employment (passed): SB21-039 passed into law in June 2021, phasing out subminimum wage employment for employers that hold a special certificate from the U.S. Department of Labor authorizing them to pay employees less than minimum wage if their earning capacity is impaired by age, physical or mental disability, or injury.
- Policy on Integrated Employment: Colorado Division for Developmental Disabilities rule 16.626 stating that integrated employment is considered the primary service option for adults Day Habilitation Services and Supports – http://tinyurl.com/c3qg6t3
- Employment First Advisory Partnership (EFAP) Podcast
- Benefits Counseling Webpage & Benefits Counseling Guide