General Board Members
Page Eastin, Membership Engagement Committee Chair
Toni Tewes, Training Committee Chair
Kari Tiejen, Past President
County of Summit Board of Developmental Disabilities
Chapter Training & Events
Additional events and trainings are posted on the Iowa APSE’s website calendar.
Policy & Advocacy
Public Policy Liaison
State Employment First Efforts: Other E1 Activity
- IA DHS Employment Outcomes Vision: Statement on Iowa Department of Human Services website in support of Employment First, with links to resources.
- IA Employment First Guidebook: This 2017 resource is intended for community-based case managers, care managers, service coordinators, and integrated health home care coordinators.
- IA Employment First Fact Sheets: Employment First Fact Sheets for Individuals and Families, and Policymakers developed by Iowa’s Olmstead Consumer Task Force.
- Employment 1st for Whom?: White paper from the Iowa Department of Human Rights.
- IA Employment First Initiative: A Call for Change of Historical Proportion: Fall 2009 white paper outlining vision for an Employment First initiative in Iowa.
- IA Employment First Initiative Summary of Findings: October 2011 report – www.iowa-apse.org/summit/findings2.pdf
Contact Your Governor
Contact your state governor.
Iowa State Legislature
Find the names and current activities of your state legislators.
Find Your Senators
Contact your state’s senators in the U.S. Senate.
Find Your U.S. Representatives
Contact your representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives.
CIE Success Story: Meet Julie
Essential Worker Story: Meet Matt