New York State APSE
General Board Members
Chapter Training & Events
2019 New York State APSE Employment First Training Institute
May 5 – May 7, 2019
Lake Placid, NY
More Information Here.
Policy & Advocacy
Public Policy Liaison
Stephanie Lewis, Slewis01@familyres.org
State Employment First Efforts: Directive/Executive Order
- NY Executive Order: October 2014 Governor’s Executive Order (No. 136) establishing the New York Employment First Initiative to Increase Employment of New Yorkers with Disabilities.
- NY E1 Commission Report: March 2015 Report and Recommendations of the New York Employment First Commission.
- NY OPWDD Statewide Comprehensive Plan – 2010-2014: October 2010 report indicating that “OPWDD is promoting Employment First as a preferred outcome for all people with developmental disabilities.”
- NY OPWDD 2011 Interim Report on State Plan: February 2011 interim report on 2010-2014 OPWDD Statewide Comprehensive Plan, that includes summary of efforts on Employment First (pp. 6-7).
- NY OMRDD 2010 Interim Report on State Plan: February 2010 interim report on 2009-2013 OMRDD Statewide Comprehensive, that includes summary of efforts on Employment First (p. 5).
Contact Your Governor
Contact your state governor.
New York State Assembly
Find the names and current activities of your state legislators.
Find Your Senators
Contact your state’s senators in the U.S. Senate.
Find Your U.S. Representatives
Contact your representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives.
CIE Success Stories: