Established July of 1991
VA APSE website
General Board Members
Dan Reichard III
Transition Consults, LLC
109 Edgehill Rd
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Chapter Training & Events
More Information Coming Soon!
Policy & Advocacy
Public Policy Liaison
Stephanie J Lau
Contact your Governor
Contact your state governor.
Virginia General Assembly
Find the names and current activities of your state legislators.
Find Your Senators
Contact your state’s senators in the U.S. Senate.
Find Your U.S. Representatives
Contact your representatives in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- VA DOJ Settlement Agreement Mandating Employment First Policy: Department of Justice settlement with the state of Virginia mandating implementation of an Employment First policy – www.dbhds.virginia.gov/settlement/FullAgreement.pdf
- VA Legislation (passed): Joint Virginia and Senate House Resolution, passed in 2012, encouraging the Secretary of Health and Human Resources and the Superintendent of Public Instruction to adopt and implement Employment First practices in providing and coordinating services to Virginians with disabilities- http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+sum+SJ127
- VA DBHDS Strategic Plan for Employment First: October 2012 Employment First strategic plan issued by Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services – http://www.dbhds.virginia.gov/library/document-library/dbhdsstrategicplanforemploymentfirst_final.pdf
- VA DBHDS Policy on Employment First: December 2012 Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services policy on Employment First – www.dbhds.virginia.gov/documents/Adm/Adm-SBPolicies1044.pdf
- VA DBHDS Website – Employment First Initiative: Section of Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services website focused on Employment First. Look on page for Employment First Initiative – www.dbhds.virginia.gov/ODS-UsefulInformation.htm
This article was shared by Betsy Elwood, VA APSE member and vocational rehabilitation counselor at VA DARS. Betsy has worked with Kathleen since she was a student in Chesterfield County.
Teens with Asperger’s Syndrome Transition into Adulthood posted at www.TimesDispatch.com; November 8, 2014